15 February marks the International Childhood Cancer Day is a campaign to raise awareness about childhood cancer. The day is observed to and to show support for children and adolescents with cancer, survivors and their families.
Cancer is a class of diseases which is characterized by out-of-control cell growth. There are approximately 100 different types of cancer. There is nothing scarier than cancer because Cancer can strike anyone including young children.
According to WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), there are more than 300,000 children diagnosed with cancer each year globally.
ICCD is a day to come together and work to make childhood cancer a national and global child health priority.
The day highlights the need for equitable and better access to treatment for all children suffering with cancer, everywhere.
Let’s us know the symptoms of cancer in children
- An unusual lump
- Unusual swelling
- Unexplained paleness
- Loss of energy
- Easy bruising
- An ongoing pain in an area of the body
- Frequent bruising
- Unexplained fever that doesn’t go away
- Frequent headaches, often with vomiting
- Been feeling short of breath
- Sudden vision changes
- Sudden Weight loss
Sometimes, children with cancer may not show any symptoms mentioned above. if you see any changes, you must talk with your child’s doctor. So that, if your child is found to have cancer, it would be treated on time.
Motivate people and raise awareness against cancer with these quotes by famous individuals and cancer survivors.
You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and in the manner in which you live.”
* “You can be a victim of cancer, or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.” » Dave Pelzer
* “Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.” » Jim Valvano
* “Oh, my friend, it’s not what they take away from you that counts: it’s what you do with what you have left.” » Hubert Humphrey
* “Cancer can touch you, but not your soul; neither your thoughts, nor your heart.” » Vikrmn
* “Cancer is way too serious to be taken seriously all time.” »Tanya Masse
* “At any given moment you’ve the power to say this is NOT how the story is going to end.” » Christine Mason Miller
* “Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.” » Ingrid Bergman
* “We have two options, medically & emotionally: give up or fight like hell.” » Lance Armstrong
Watch Video: Facts about childhood cancer
Share your thoughts in the comments section!