“Forest Don’t Need us, We Need Them”
Deforestation has severely damaged our environment. Due to the indiscriminate cutting of forests, the forest area of the country is declining which is dangerous to the environment as well as for life.
For the purpose of conservation of environment and forests, The International Day of Forests (IDF) is celebrated every year on 21 March.
This day provides a platform to raise awareness on the importance of all types of forest and trees, and celebrate the ways in which they sustain and protect us.
A tree serves human beings in every way throughout its lifetime. International Forest Day is celebrated every year on the occasion of saving the forests and making people aware about keeping the earth green.
Benefits from forests
We all know that they give us fuel, fresh air and rain. But the biggest thing is that forest/trees are sucking the carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases produced by us. Other benefits f forest/tress include-
* Supports Ecosystems and Habitats
Natural Air Conditioners
* Natural Air Purifiers
* Reduce Noise Pollution
* Maintain Groundwater Level
* Mental & Physical Wellbeing
* Enrich the Soil
* Regulates the Water Cycle
* Medicinal Value
* Habitat for many species
* Stabilize Climate
10 easy steps that you can do to reduce your impact and help save forests:
1. Volunteer for tree-planting projects.
2. Buy firewood from “downed wood” sources
3. Purchase wood products certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
4. Shop for FSC-certified products.
5. Use only FSC-Certified products
6. Use recycled wood for remodeling and repairs
7. Avoid chlorine bleached paper
8. Buy recycled paper products and avoid products with excessive paper packaging
9. Use both sides of paper and save scraps for notes
10. Recycle paper products, print less & Recycle paper– Start it today.
Share the message:
It is a moral duty to raise awareness as this action is a simple but important thing you can do. Share this post on your social media, with your family and friends.
Watch Video: International Day of Forests 2018: Forests and sustainable cities
Share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.