International Transgender Day of Visibility is held annually on March 31. The day is dedicated to transgender people by raising awareness of discrimination faced by them worldwide. Transgender is a term used to describe people whose gender identity is different. Even today also, many parts of the world, transgenders are seen as a marginalized section of the society. But with passing time these people are breaking all barriers/hurdles and inspiring the world.
Today, we would like to honor the transgender community by sharing these quotes from Icons & Trans Celebs all over the world.
1. “We’re human beings, and this is a human life. This is reality for us, and all we ask for is acceptance and validation for what we say that we are. It’s a basic human right.” — Andreja Pejic, model
2. “We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love. – Laverne Cox
3. “Gender roles are like languages, with men expected to ‘speak’ their version of ‘masculinity’, and women ‘femininity.” – Juliet Jacques
4. “All of us are put in boxes by our family, by our religion, by our society, our moment in history, even our own bodies. Some people have the courage to break free.” Geena Rocero
5. “The most important thing in life is that you are true to yourself.” – Caitlyn Jenner
6. As transgender women, we are very unique and special creatures and that’s something to be proud. – Avery Grey
7. “In trans women’s eyes, I see a wisdom that can only come from having to fight for your right to be recognized as female, a raw strength that only comes from unabashedly asserting your right to be feminine in an inhospitable world.” — Julia Serano
8. We shouldn’t demonize the woman who wears high heels and we shouldn’t demonize the woman who doesn’t wear high heels. We should accept all forms of comportment. – Laverne Cox
9. In a world where masculinity is respected and femininity is regularly dismissed, it takes an enormous amount of strength and confidence for any person, whether female or male-bodied, to embrace their feminine self. – Julia Serano
10. Transgender people are not Mal-functional humans. – M.F. Moonzajer
11. I have a voice, there are so many that do not have a voice. I can’t speak for them. But I’m an expert on my story. – Caitlyn Jenner
12. “Trans people deserve something vital. They deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community.” — Caitlyn Jenner
13. “Transgender people, whoever they are, they’re ordinary people. They deserve respect. They’re just human beings.” — Ines Rau
14. “Self-definition and self-determination is about the many varied decisions that we make to compose and journey toward ourselves… It’s OK if your personal definition is in a constant state of flux as you navigate the world.” — Janet Mock