International Women’s Day is internationally observed every March 8. The UN instituted IWD, to commemorate the contribution of women in the socio-political sphere as well as in global peace and security.
This is a day to celebrate and highlight all ladies who have contributed to society. In honor of the day, we’ve compiled our favorite quotes from successful women entrepreneurs, innovators, athletes, activists and many more.
These powerful statements and quotes made by women and for women, will inspire you to and make you feel more stronger.
* “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” – Gloria Steinem
* “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
* “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg
* “There is only ONE sign that a woman wants to have sex and that is that she says YES.” – Deepika Padukone
* “For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; we deserve lipstick, if we want it, AND free speech, we deserve to be sexual AND serious – or whatever we please. We are entitled to wear cowboy boots to our own revolution.” -Naomi Wolf
* “At the end of the day, don’t forget that you are a person, don’t forget you are a mother, don’t forget you are a wife, don’t forget you are a daughter.” – Indra Nooyi
* “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” – Audre Lorde
* “A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.” – Irina Dunn
* “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
* “Don’t let anyone tell you you’re weak because you’re a woman.” – Mary Kom
* “Women need to be empowered through the strongest tool – education. They don’t need to be subservient to anyone, but at the same time, men must change their mindset towards women. If they are more respectful towards them, then things will change at the grassroots level. It will happen slowly, but everyone has to move together.” – Madhuri Dixit
* “The education and empowerment of women throughout the world cannot fail to result in a more caring, tolerant, just and peaceful life for all.” -Aung San Suu Kyi
* “Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen DeGeneres
* “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
Watch Video: Happy International Women’s Day
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.