Delhi celebrated the festival of joy, language and peace known as Jashn-e-Rekhta. Jashn-e-Rekhta is a celebration of the spirit and eloquence of Urdu. You can see many celebrities of Bollywood and poets like Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Waheeda Rehman, Shabana Azmi and much more from today to 10 Dec.
- For more details and registration click here
Festival is organized annually in Delhi, under the aegis of Rekhta Foundation – a not for profit organization devoted to the preservation and promotion of Urdu language and culture, that operates a free online resource www.rekhta.org launched in 2013, which has since grown to become the largest online repository of Urdu poetry and literature in the world. Jashn-e-Rekhta endeavours to engage, enlighten and entertain audiences from diverse backgrounds; therefore it is a free public event, accessible to one and all.
The 3-day annual festival aims to create the much-required awareness and appreciation of a language born and evolved in the Indian sub-continent. It celebrates the multi-faceted nature of Urdu – its beauty and versatility. The festival explores the different elements and range of emotions as manifested through poetry, prose, drama, art, cinema and popular culture and includes performances, recitations, mushairas, panel discussions, debates, conversation on films, calligraphy workshop.
Highlights for day 1 (8 Dec.)
- INAUGURATION graced by PANDIT JASRAJ & WAHEEDA REHMAN
- AN EVENING OF MUSIC with USTAD RASHID KHAN
Highlights for day 2 (9 Dec.)
- DAYAAR-E-IZHAAR:- BHAGWAT GITA : TASAVVUR AUR HAQIQAT by Imtiaz Ali
- MANTO KE RUBARU:- Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Nandita Das Moderated by RJ Sayema
- DEPICTION OF URDU CULTURE IN MUSLIM SOCIAL FILMS:- Waheeda Rehman, Shabana Azmi, Muzzafar Ali. Moderated by Ira Bhaskar
- URDU KI RAUSHNI MEIN:- Neelesh Misra in conversation with Saif Mahmood
- FILM SCREENING:- Umrao Jaan
Highlights for day 3 (10 Dec.)
- MEHFIL-KHANA SUFIYANA KALAAM by Deveshi Sahgal
- KUCH ISHQ KIYA KUCH KAAM KIYA:- Javed Akhtar in conversation with Atika Ahmad Farooqui
- URDU HINDI AFSANE KI BEBAAK AWAAZEIN:- Mridula Garg, Syed Mohammad Ashraf, and Musharraf Alam Zauqi. Moderated by Nishat Zaidi
- URDU KA SURILA SAFAR by Annu Kapoor with Richa Anirudh
- QAWWALI by Nizami Bandhu
MAJOR DHYAN CHAND NATIONAL STADIUM, INDIA GATE, NEW DELHI – 110002