Jerusalem, a holy or a controversial place. Jerusalem is the origin of three religion Jesus (Christians), Islam (Muslims), and Messiah (Judaism). But no one has authentically ruled on Jerusalem. Here we are sharing some important issues related to Jerusalem as follows…
Jerusalem is also of great importance for Christianity and Islam, containing holy sites held in deep reverence by billions of people around the world. For Christians, these include the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the Garden Tomb, and the Garden of Gethsemane. For Muslims, these include the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque, which is the third holiest mosque in Islam after the mosques of al-Haram in Mecca and al-Nabawi in Medina.
In The News
- President Trump officially declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel, upending decades of US diplomacy and threatening to spark massive unrest across the Muslim world.
- Speaking in the White House’s Diplomatic Reception Room, Trump also announced his plan to eventually relocate the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and begin the difficult logistical work of building a new diplomatic facility in the contested city.
- “Israel is a sovereign nation with the right like any other sovereign nation to determine its own capital,” Trump said. “Acknowledging this is a fact is a necessary condition for achieving peace.”
The Facts Of Jerusalem
- The Old city has over 2,000 important archaeological sites.
- Jerusalem has been conquered more than 40 times including by the Persians, the Romans, the Ottoman Turks, and the British Empire.More than 100 battles have been fought for control of Jerusalem over the course of its history.
- If you want to buy souvenirs that date as far back as the times of Jesus (Christians), Islam (Muslims), and Messiah (Judaism); this is the place to visit.
- Jerusalem’s Old City is part of a whopping 70 cultural centres and 60 museums that teach poetry, art, literature and performance.
- The First Temple in Old City was built by 150,000 Jewish workers and overseen by 3,300 men.
- Jerusalem is a holy site for all three Abrahamic faiths, and more than 3.5 million tourists visit every year.
- There are 7 open gates in the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem has over 70 cultural centres that teach art, music, poetry, literature, and performance to young people.