Whenever we talk about the transgender, some people think they are Kinnars who apply bright makeup, have cracked voice and clap in a distinct manner. But trust us they are more than that.
Bold, brave, fearless, and always true to herself. That is how we would describe Laxmi Narayan Tripathi. She is the first transgender who represented Asia Pacific at the UN. Laxmi has represented there her community as well as India. She is also a transgender rights activist, dancer and television celebrity.
Here are top 8 quotes from her that will tell you about the great person and make you think about the matter again.
Have a look…
1. Hijras are a sexual minority that is visible, and yet we are treated as the invisibles. I believe I was never invisible. I thought, “I’m the face in the crowd, not the crowd.”
2. My sexuality is only mine, I felt I should explore it.
3. People would laugh at me. I could never understand why they were doing that and never understood the world. I was sexually abused by somebody who was a part of our family. It was difficult for me to even go to school and college.
4. I don’t believe in reservation, casteism or color. If I have the ability to touch the sky, I will.
5. Gender is nothing but an unromantic box.
6. I have learnt that I enjoy being who I am. I have the best of both the worlds, of man and woman and still I am different.
7. I thought why not discuss about the men in detail, as it’s always good to discuss about them, right? My sexuality is only mine and I felt I should explore it and in that process I have explored it fully.
8. I was a normal child, but it is the world that made me feel different.
Watch Her Video:
With passing time these people are breaking all barriers/hurdles and inspiring the world.