Homosexuality is a controversial concept in many countries including India. It means having sexual interests and attraction to members of one’s own sex. In 21st century also, many people who are LGBT are termed as “disgusting” or “immoral.”
It should be always remembered that they are also humans and must be treated as equal members of human family. Here, we’ve collected popular celebrities quotes on homosexuality..
Have a look at famous words from popular personalities on LGBT
1. “I don’t know what people are scared of. Maybe they think their children will be influenced, but I was raised by two heterosexuals. Everywhere I looked — heterosexuals. And they did not influence me. It’s time we love people for who they are and let them love who they want.”
2. The beauty of standing up for your rights is others see you standing and stand up as well.” – Cassandra Duffy.
3. “What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it’s curved like a road through mountains.” – Tennessee Williams
4. “Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?” Ernest J. Gaines
5. “I am a strong, black, lesbian woman. Every single time I say it, I feel so much better.” – Brittney Griner
6. “I hate the word homophobia. It’s not a phobia. You’re not scared. You’re an asshole.” -Morgan Freeman
7. “I believe that no one should ever have to choose between a career we love and living our lives with authenticity and integrity” – Selisse Berry
8. “Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law.” – Boethius
9. “It takes some intelligence and insight to figure out you’re gay and then a tremendous amount of balls to live it and live it proudly.”–Jason Bateman
10. “Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.”- Bob Paris
11. “I think being gay is a blessing, and it’s something I am thankful for every single day.” – Anderson Cooper
12. “Gender preference does not define you. Your spirit defines you.”- P.C. Cast
13. “Everybody’s journey is individual. You you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality.” – James Baldwin
What do you think about LGBT people & their rights? With passing time these people are breaking all barriers/hurdles and inspiring the world.