Minorities Rights Day, India held on 18th December annually is observed to protect and promote the rights of minority communities.
Why the day is celebrated?
The day is observed to create awareness about minority communities’ true rights and bringing better understanding among religious minorities in India.
Every country has various ethnic, cultural, religious, linguistic minorities group. So, It is very important duty of the country to provide all rights and facilities to the minorities.
In honor of the day, here is the significance and top 8 quotes about minorities that will help you understand them better!
Have a look..
1. Don’t let anyone call you a minority if you’re black or Hispanic or belong to some other ethnic group. You’re not less than anybody else
2. It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
3. It is always the minorities that hold the key of progress.
4. If a country doesn’t recognize minority rights and human rights, including women’s rights, you will not have the kind of stability and prosperity that is possible.
5. When you use the term minority or minorities in reference to people, you’re telling them that they’re less than somebody else. – Gwendolyn Brooks
6. The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
7. Every country has various ethnic, cultural, religious minorities group. So, It is very important duty of the country to provide all rights to the minorities.
8. And that is my definition of democracy, the right to be in a minority and not be suppressed. – Lee Harvey Oswald
9. The minority yields to the majority!