Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) is an Indian social organization which is run by volunteers all over India. It’s current chief is Mohan Bhagwat who was born in 1950, in Sangli district, Maharashtra. He is a staunch nationalist who believes in Hindu Rashtra. He is known for raising controversy and is always criticised for his controversial statements.
Today, we have compiled most controversial statements made by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
1. “Unki sevaa achhi rahi hogi, lekin uske pichhe ek uddeshya tha ki jiiski seva ki ja rahi hai, wah Isaai ban jae (Her service may have been great but there was an aim behind her social work: she wanted to convert people to Christianity),”
2. RSS has the ability to prepare an “army” to fight for the country within three days.
3. “Everyone born in the country is a Hindu — of these some are idol-worshipers and some are not. Even Muslims are Hindus by nationality, they are Muslims by faith only,”
4. Crimes against women happen in India (Urban India) and not in Bharat (Rural India). By this he meant that rape is mainly prevalent in urban India due to western influence.
5. “Which law says that the population of Hindus should not rise? There is nothing like that. What is stopping them when population of others is rising? The issue is not related to the system. It is because the social environment is like this,” Bhagwat on issue of declining Hindu population.
6. Marriage is a contract between husband & wife: A husband and wife are involved in a contract under which the husband has said that you should take care of my house and I will take care of all your needs. I will keep you safe. So, the husband follows the contract terms. Till the time, the wife follows the contract, the husband stays with her, if the wife violates the contract, he can disown her,”
Watch Video: Mohan Bhagwat’s Story
What are your views about these statements? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.