Farmers’ Day/ Popularly known as Kisan Diwas, is a national occasion observed on 23rd December. It is the birth anniversary of the fifth prime minister and kisan/farmer leader, late Chaudhary Charan Singh. He contributed a lot to improvise the life of Indian farmers
We all know that India is a land of villages and most of the populations residing in villages are farmers. This day is dedicated to our farmers and on this day we promote awareness to help and reward farmers for their contribution to society.
Here are 10 quotes that show that farmers are backbone of our country and without them we are nothing.
Have a look…
1. “If the farmer is rich, then so is the nation.”
2. “To a farmer dirt is not a waste, it is wealth.”
3. “A farmer is a magician who produces money from the mud.”
4. “The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.”
5. “The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways.”
6. “When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization.”
7. “Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the corn field.”
8. “Agriculture not only gives riches to a nation, but the only riches she can call her own.”
9. “Agriculture is the most healthful, most useful, and most noble employment of man.”
Farmers are backbone of a country and you can’t stand straight if your backbone is broken. The life of a farmer is very tough as he works very hard day and night in all seasons for us.
Awaaz Nation sincerely thanks to farmers all around the globe who are supporting everyone to live a good and healthy life.