In India, BJP spreading its feat very fast. Now Bjp ruled in 19 states over 29. Now BJP with NDA become the largest party in the nation. Here we are sharing basic information about NDA and BJP.
The BJP has bagged Himachal Pradesh and retained Gujarat. With Himachal Pradesh being added to the BJP’s kitty, another state has now turned saffron.
The BJP had recently won Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand handsomely. The BJP also formed the governments recently at Goa and Manipur and this added to the party’s dominance across the country. The most noticeable change in the map is the less number of states ruled by the Congress. The Congress is currently ruling in Karnataka, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Pudducherry and Punjab.
The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is a centre-right coalition of political parties in India. At the time of its formation in 1998, it was led by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and had thirteen constituent parties. Its chairman is former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Also representing the alliance are L. K. Advani, former Deputy Prime Minister, who is the acting chairman of the Alliance, Narendra Modi, current Prime Minister and Leader of the House in Lok Sabha; and Arun Jaitley, Leader of the House in Rajya Sabha. The coalition was in power from 1998 to 2004. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) claims the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) now has 28 parties under its fold. However, the boast conceals how a majority of the parties that have joined the alliance are electorally insignificant. Only six of the 28 parties had any presence in the outgoing Lok Sabha.
With Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party back in power in the key eastern state of Bihar, the federal ruling coalition now controls 19 of 29 states, which represents 60 percent of the country’s gross domestic product. It’s also expanding its base in Karnataka and luring lawmakers from the rival Congress party in Gujarat, where state assembly elections are set to be held in December. The BJP’s National Democratic Alliance is expected to increase its strength in the upcoming polls, allowing Modi “to work across much of India with friendly state governments to accelerate the implementation of key national economic policies such as accelerated infrastructure development, labour law reforms, energy reforms and smart cities roll out,
BJP’s list of 28-party NDA as of today
- Maharashtra: -Shiv Sena, Republican Party of India, Rashtriya Samaj Paksha, Swabhiman Paksha
- Tamil Nadu:- MDMK, DMDK, DMDK: New, PMK, Indhiya Jananayaka Katchi (IJK), New Justice Party
- Puducherry:- All India N.R.
- Kerala:- Revolutionary Socialist Party (Bolshevik), Kerala Congress (Nationalist)
- Andhra Pradesh:- TDP, Jan Sena Party
- Bihar:- Lok Janshakti Party, Rashtriya Lok Samata Party
- Punjab:- Shiromani Akali Dal: traditional ally
- Haryana:-Haryana Janhit Congress
- Uttar Pradesh:- Apna Dal
- West Bengal:- Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
- Northeast:-National People’s Party (Meghalaya), National People’s Party, Naga People’s Front (Nagaland), United Democratic Front (Mizoram), Northeast Regional Political Front
- Goa:- Maharashtra Gomantak Party