Today Prime Minister Modi is at seaplane at Gujarat. This another step towards growing India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today travelled in a sea-plane from Sabarmati river in the city to reach Dharoi dam in Mehsana district, the first-ever flight by such a craft in the country, reported PTI. PM Modi’s return journey would also be by the same sea-plane.
“Tomorrow for the first time in the history of the country a sea-plane will land on the Sabarmati river. I will go to Ambaji in the sea-plane after landing in Dharoi dam and come back,” Modi announced at.
Facts Of Seaplane
- Seaplane can land on water bodies, while amphibian planes can operate on land as well as on water bodies.
- Seaplane, an aeroplane designed to take off from and alight on water. The two most common types are the floatplane, whose fuselage is supported by struts attached to two or more pontoon floats, and the flying boat, whose boat-hull fuselage is constructed with the buoyancy and strength necessary to land and float on water.
- The first practical seaplane was constructed and flown by the American Glenn H. Curtiss in 1911.
- Fun fact: When the British deployed their first metal aeroplanes on carriers in the 1930s, the planes had to be written off within half a year because they corroded so badly.
- “Tomorrow for the first time in the history of the country a sea-plane will land on the Sabarmati river. I will go to Ambaji in the sea-plane after landing in Dharoi dam and come back. Our party had planned my roadshow tomorrow. However, the administration has not given permission and I had time so I decided to go to Ambaji in the sea-plane. We cannot have airports everywhere, so our government has planned to have these sea-planes,” PM Modi said yesterday.
- Incumbent Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said this is for the first time in the history of the country that a sea-plane will land on a water body and that will be the Sabarmati river. “Prime Minister Narendra Modi will travel in the plane from here to Dharoi. He will visit Ambaji temple and come back from Dharoi to Sabarmati in the same plane,” Rupani said.