The ‘Iron Man’ of India. India’s first home minister and also the first deputy prime minister, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel died today 68 years ago, at the age of 75.
He was an independence-era leader credited with uniting the fledgling nation in the 1940s when he served as India’s first home minister.
On Vallabhbhai Patel’s 143rd birth anniversary, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a statue of him, called the ‘Statue of Unity’, in Gujarat today. It is four times as tall as the Statue of Liberty.
To pay him tribute, we have collected 10 famous quotes from Vallabhbhai Patel
1. The negligence of a few could easily send a ship to the bottom, but if it has the wholehearted co-operation of all on board it can be safely brought to part.
2. There is something unique in this soil, which despite many obstacles has always remained the abode of great souls.
3. Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in his country but with certain duties.
4. My only desire is that India should be a good producer and no one should be hungry, shedding tears for food in the country.
5. Manpower without unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.
6. Faith is of no evil in absence of strength. Faith and strength, both are essential to accomplish any great work.
7. Take to the path of dharma – the path of truth and justice. Don’t misuse your valour. Remain united. March forward in all humility, but fully awake to the situation you face, demanding your rights and firmness. (Also Read: Quotes on Patriotism By India’s Freedom Fighters: Words That Never Fade)
8. Little pools of water tend to become stagnant and useless, but if they are joined together to form a big lake the atmosphere is cooled and there is universal benefit.
9. A war based on Satyagraha is always of two kinds. One is the war we wage against injustice, and the other we fight our won weaknesses.
10. We have to shed mutual bickering, shed the difference of being high or low, develop a sense of equality and banish untouchability. We have to restore the conditions of Swaraj prevalent prior to British rule. We have to live like children of the same father.
Awaaz Nation pays tribute to the great Sardar Patel! The nation will always be indebted to you. Stay connected with Awaaznation for all updates!