Stephen Hawking is the physics icon and is one of the most recognizable and admired scientists of all time. Born on 8 January, 1942, he became the world’s most famous physicist and scientist by beating all odds.
Did you know that Stephen Hawking suffers from ALS? When he was diagnosed with motor neurone disease at age 21, doctors thought he’d only survive for 2-3 years. But he overcame debilitating disease to become the world’s most renowned living physicist.
Today marks the 76th birthday of the great physics icon. In honor of the day we have collected his top quotes that will encourage you to follow your passion. These 13 quotes will make you realize that nothing is impossible if you trust your own capabilities.
Have a look at his encouraging quotes…
* “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”
* “My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit and physically.”
* “People who boast about their I.Q. are nothing but losers.”
* “It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else. Sometimes it is years before I see the way forward. In the case of information loss and black holes, it was 29 years.”
* “Nothing cannot exist forever.”
* “I have noticed that even people, who claim everything is predetermined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”
* “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”
* “We are all different. There is no such thing as a standard or run-of-the-mill human being, but we share the same human spirit.”
* “We are all different, but we share the same human spirit. Perhaps it’s human nature that we adapt and survive.”
* “I was never top of the class at school, but my classmates must have seen potential in me, because my nickname was ‘Einstein.”
* “Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it.”
* “We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet.”
* “People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.”