Politicians instead of showing dedication and hard work in their work rather believe in showing smartness in all unnecessary things. We have seen that many politicians are outraged over crimes against women. But here are few statements made by them that show how ridiculous Indian politicians can be.
Although there are many shameful and sexist quotes, but we would like to list few which according to us are the top most shameful quotes made by Indian politicians.
1.“Men will be Men, they commit mistakes.” Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Rape
2. “If women want freedom, why don’t they just roam around naked.” – Harayana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar
3. Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam to BJP MP Smriti Irani- “Chaar din hue hain aur aap rajneetik vishleshak banee firti hai (It’s only four days of your entry into politics and you have become a political analyst).
4. Aap toh TV pe thumke lagati thi, aaj chunaavi vishleshak ban gayi (Till some time ago you were dancing on the Television and now you have become a Poitical anaylist) Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam to BJP MP Smriti Irani
5. Congress leader Digvijay Singh had tweeted and comapred Arvind Kejriwal to Rakhi Sawant. He said they both try and expose but with no substance.
6. ‘Wives lose charm over time’- Congress leader Sriprakash Jaiswal in 2012.
7. Gulam Nabi Azad, Health Minister’s expertise on population control. – If there is electricity in every village, people will watch Telivision till late night and then fall asleep. They won’t get a chance to produce children. When there is no electricity, there is nothing else to do but produce children.
8. Stay indoors to prevent rape: Botsa Satyanarayana, Congress
9. Rapes are increasing because “men and women interact with each other more freely now”. Mamata Banerjee in 2012
10. Rape by 2 men, not gang rape? If a woman is raped by two men, it does not mean gang-rape – Karnataka Home Minister K J George in 2015
11. Marry off girls at early age to prevent rape: Om Prakash Chautala, Indian National Lok Dal
12. “Women should not venture out with those males who are not Kin.” – Samajwadi party MLA Abu Azmi in 2013
13. ‘Women are equally responsible for crimes against them’ – Vibha Rao (chairperson of Chhattisgarh State Women Commission) In 2013
“Women, influenced by western culture, send wrong signals through their dress and men often take the cue from those signals. They display their bodies and indulge in various obscene activities. Women are unaware of the kind of message [their actions] generate.”
Watch Video: Sexist slurs by Indian politicians
What are your views about these nasty comments?