The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed on 2 December annually. The day is observed to focus on the elimination of various forms of modern-day slavery.
We bring you top 10 Quotes on slavery that are quoted by famous personalities. These famous quotes come from celebrities, politicians, authors, poets.
Have a look..
1. “Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves” – Abraham Lincoln
2. If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong – Abraham Lincoln
3. Slavery is what slavery’s always been: About one person controlling another person using violence and then exploiting them economically, paying them nothing. That’s what slavery’s about. – Kevin Bales
4. Captivity is the greatest of all evils that can befall one.” – Miguel de Cervantes
5. Slavery was abolished 150 years ago, right? While it is true that slavery is illegal almost everywhere on earth, the fact is there are more slaves today than there ever were. – Robert Alan Silverstein
6. “Slavery is theft, theft of a life, theft of work, theft of any property or produce, theft even of the children a slave might have borne.” – Kevin Bales
7. “Men would rather be starving and free than fed in bonds.” – Pearl Buck
8. “Slavery is a state so improper, so degrading, and so ruinous to the feelings and capacities of human nature, that it ought not to be suffered to exist.”
9. “Death is natural to a man, but slavery unnatural; and the moment you strip a man of his liberty you strip him of all his virtues: you convert his heart into a dark hole, in which all the vices conspire against you.” – Edmund Burke
10. Slaves lose everything in their chains, even the desire of escaping from them. – Jean Jacques Rousseau
We accept that slavery is a great evil and it must be abolished in order to make this the world we wish to live in. Modern Day or contemporary slavery should come to an end.