Sonia Gandhi is one of the most popular leaders in the world. The former president of Indian National Congress and Italian-born daughter in law of late PM Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi has now occupied the center stage in Indian politics. She celebrates her birthday on 9 December.
In honor of her birthday, we have compiled a list of important and lesser known facts about Sonia Gandhi.
Have a look…
1. Her Real Name is not Sonia Gandhi, born in Italy, her real name is Antonia Edvige Albina Maino.
2. She married to Rajiv Gandhi in 1968 according to a Hindu ceremony.
3. She is not only a great politician but a great cook also. According to many sources she used to prepare delicious pasta for her mother-in-law Indira Gandhi.
4. Sonia loves reading Munshi Premchand’s novels and Godaan’ is her favorite.
5. Another interesting fact is that she can speak nine languages including French and German.
6. Sonia is a fitness freak and does yoga daily to maintain her health..
7. She once got place in the Forbes Magazine’s most powerful people list.
8. Sonia didn’t want to stay in India after her mother in law and politician Indira Gandhi lost in 1977.
9. Sonia loves hand-loom saris and especially traditional weaves. On her wedding day also she wore a pink cotton sari.
We have collected her rare pictures.
We hope you liked these facts about the great lady and her rare pictures!
Watch Video: Love Story of Sonia Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi, Documentary
We wish #SoniaGandhi A Very Happy Birthday and a Long & Healthy Life Ahead.