BJP released its manifesto on 8 April 2019 and the manifesto declares ‘Nation First’ and makes a range of promises regarding ”Zero tolerance approach to Terrorism’, welfare of soldiers, action against left-wing extremism, the Citizenship Amendment Bill and the Article 370 and 35-A pertaining to Jammu and Kashmir.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy appreciated the manifesto and wrote on Twitter: “BJP Manifesto where it deals with J&K has set the pants of Kashmiri extremists on fire. ”
BJP Manifesto where it deals with J&K has set the pants of Kashmiri extremists on fire.
— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) April 8, 2019
10 Big Points Of The BJP Manifesto 2019
1. The party will also focus on self-reliance in the Defence sector. For strengthening the armed forces, purchase of outstanding defence equipment will be fast tracked. “We will continue to follow our policy of giving a free hand to our security forces in combating terrorism,” the manifesto states. The manifesto also focuses on strengthening of the armed forces by speeding up the purchases of outstanding defence-related equipment and weapons.
2. Zero tolerance towards terrorism. Security forces will continue to get a free hand
3. Will implement NRC (National Register of Citizens) in a phased manner in other parts of the country
4. Technology will be used to prevent infiltration in the north-east; smart fencing will be used. Further, the BJP government will implement Citizenship Amendment Bill, but while assuring that any state’s cultural and individual identity is not affected. “We will make all efforts to clarify the issues to the sections of population from the Northeastern states who have expressed apprehensions regarding the legislation. We reiterate our commitment to protect the linguistic, cultural and social identity of the people of Northeast,” the document states.
5. Reiterate position since the time of the Jan Sangh, to scrap Article 370 (special status to Jammu and Kashmir); committed to annulling Article 35A or the law which says that no outsider can own property in Jammu and Kashmir
6. Interest-free kisan credit card loans, short term agricultural loans up to Rs. 1 lakh to be given at zero per cent interest, for one to five years, on the condition of prompt repayment of principal amount
7. Women’s welfare and development to be accorded a high priority. The BJP is committed to 33% reservation in Parliament and state Assemblies for women through a constitutional amendment. Further, the party “will formulate a comprehensive ‘Women in Workforce’ roadmap focussed on dramatically increasing the female workforce participation rate over the next five years.”
8. Ram temple will be built as soon as BJP is voted to power.
9. Pucca houses by 2022, for every family who are living in a kuccha house or have no house
10. Investment of Rs. 100 lakh crore in the infrastructure sector by 2024 and the BJP also promises to increase the number of seats in Central Law, Engineering, Science and Management institutions by at least 50% in the next five years.
The electorate of India will cast their votes in seven phases between April 11 and May 19 to elect the 17th Lok Sabha. The counting of votes will happen on May 23. The results will be declared on the same day.
What do you think about this? Tell us in the comments section and stay connected with Awaaznation for all updates.