Earth Hour is world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment, motivating millions of people to take action for our earth and nature. It was launched in 2007 by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
Earth Hour was celebrated on 24 March 2018. Since few days discussion about Earth Hour was trending on newspapers, magazines, various TV channels and on the Internet. Because of this, everybody can be curious about what Earth Hour is and why is it talk of the town.
In this article, we are trying to explain you what this Earth Hour is, how is it important for us and some ground level steps to save electricity and protect environment.
Know Why Earth Hour is So Important!
Earth Hour is a campaign started by World Wildlife Fund, or the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), which aims to educate people about the importance of electricity and environmental protection.
WWF is an organization which is said to be the world’s largest Independent Conservation Organization. According to the institution, its aim is to prevent the loss of nature and to improve the human future. World Wildlife Foundation’s Earth Hour has organized a campaign aimed at sensitizing people about the importance of electricity and environmental protection.
In 2007, when it closed the lights for one hour to deliver the message of environmental protection in Sydney, it got more recognition.
7 Ways To Monitor and Reduce Your Electricity Usage.
1. Change some normal light bulbs for LEDs.
2. Always turn off the lights when you leave any room.
3. Try using fans instead of the AC if possible or maintain room temperature at 26 degrees C during summer.
4. Turn off your heaters and coolers when you don’t actually need them
5. Make sure fridge door seal is tight and free from gaps.
6. Purchase energy efficient appliances.
7. Use washing machines when you have to wash large loads.
Watch Video: World Earth Hour: Landmarks turn dark to conserve energy
Did you also take part in #EarthHour ? If yes, then do share your ways of taking part in #EarthHour.