The security forces in Jammu and Kashmir have released a list of top 10 wanted terrorists in the Kashmir valley.
Terrorists are listed under different categories – from A++ (being the highest) to A+, A and B. An A++ category terrorist is first on the hit list of security forces.
The list, which has been prepared with inputs from forces, features terrorists working in different districts of Kashmir and includes the names of several wanted terrorists of the Hizbul Mujahideen, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed and Al Badar.
Hit List of Top 10 Militants
– Riyaz Naikoo is followed by Wasim Ahmed alias Osama from Lashkar camp. Wasim Ahmad is district commander of Sophian, agencies said.
– Mohamammad Ashraf Khan alias Ashraf Maulawi is at No 3 on the list. He is allegedly active in Anantnag and associated with Hizbul Mujahideen.
– Next in the list is Mehrazuddin. Believed to be from Hizb camp, he is reportedly active in Baramulla and is area district commander.
– At number 5, the ministry has listed Srinagar-resident Dr Saifulla alias Saifulla Mir alias Dr Saif. He is suspected of being associated with Hizb group and helping in recruitment of terrorists in the area.
– Another Hizb cadre Arshaid-ul-Haq is at number 6 from Pulwama. Haq belongs to A++ category. He is reportedly district commander of Hizbul Mujahideen in Pulwama.
– Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Omar is at No 7. Agencies say he sneaked into Indian side after taking training in Balakot training camp. Currently, he is Jaish chief operational commander, they said.
– Another JeM terrorist Zahid Sheikh, also known as Omar Afghani, is at number 8. He is said to have had an experience to fight against NATO forces in Afghanistan. He sneaked into the Valley after taking Taliban training, security agencies said.
– Al-Badr top cadre Javed Mattoo, also know as Faisal/Saqib/Musaib, is on the ninth spot on the list. He is said to be active in north Kashmir and is reportedly active as divisional commander in the area.
– Another Hizb terrorist Ezaz Ahmed Malik is also in the target list. As per agencies, he is active in Kupwara and is operating as district commander in the area.
New Home Minister Amit Shah reportedly instructed the officials to maintain zero-tolerance towards terrorism across the country and remain unfazed by the criticism.