The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) once said that there were about 124,000 prophets who had been sent by God to various nations and tribes throughout History. However, only 25 of these prophets are mentioned in the Quran by name.
- The Quran has not been changed or tampered with since its revelation 1400 years ago. Thomas Jefferson, one of the founding fathers of America had his own personal copy of the Quran which he used to read.
- The Quran addresses God with 99 different names or attributes. A few of these names are The Merciful, the All-Knower, The Provider, The Hidden, The source of Peace, The Near, The First, The Last etc.
- The Quran is the most explained book in history with thousands of volumes elucidating its many wonders. Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned 4 times in the Quran name, and Jesus (pbuh) is mentioned 25 times in the Quran name.
- The Quran is described as a vast ocean of knowledge. Some people collect pebbles and shells from its shores. The scholars and thinkers, like pearl divers, take from it the most advanced philosophy, wisdom and rules of a perfect way of living.
- Islam stresses the importance of being kind to one’s parents. In fact, the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned that “Paradise lies beneath the feet of your mother”. He also said that being kind to one’s parents is the second most loved act of God.
- The first person to become a Muslim was Muhammad’s wife, Khadija bint Khuwaylid. Islam is based upon five pillars: Testimony of faith, Prayer, Charity, Fasting and Pilgrimage.
- The Quran says that God has created Adam like Jesus, “Verily, the likeness of Jesus before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then said to him: Be! and he was. This is the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt.” (3:59-60). Their names appear exactly the same number of times in the Quran.
- Islam teaches us to be kind to our neighbours, Muslims and non-Muslims. However, in Islam, your neighbour is not just the person who lives next to you, but the people living in a distance of 40 houses in front of you and behind you; left of you and right of you.
- The Quran is not considered by Muslims to have been authored by Muhammad (pbuh). It was authored by God, revealed to Muhammad, and written into physical form by his companions. Muhammad himself was illiterate.
- Islam is the only religion which says that if a man cannot deal justly with multiple wives, he should only marry one. Among the many teachings of Muhammad (pbuh) is his saying, “…the best among you are those who treat their wives well.” (Sahih Bukhari and Tirmidhi)
A traditional Punjabi Muslim wedding has ‘Hindu’ rituals from A to Z. Entire clans puzzled colonial-era officials as to whether they were Hindus or Muslims.