Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday inaugurated the two-day ‘UP Investors Summit’—the first such event by the Yogi Adityanath government. President Ram Nath Kovind will attend the valedictory function on the second day. The summit is aimed at showcasing investment opportunities and potential across various sectors in Uttar Pradesh. The mega event is being organised to bring together heads of states and governments, ministers, leaders from the corporate world, senior policymakers, heads of international institutions and academicians from around the world to further the cause of economic development in the state and promote cooperation to pave way for better investments, according to an official statement. Here are the latest updates and developments:
#UPInvestorsSummit के उद्घाटन सत्र में प्रतिभाग करने रिलायंस इंडस्ट्रीज के चैयरमेन श्री मुकेश अंबानी, अडानी समूह के चैयरमेन श्री गौतम अडानी, महिंद्रा ग्रुप के चैयरमेन श्री आनंद महिंद्रा, बिड़ला समूह के चैयरमेन श्री कुमार मंगलम बिड़ला व जी समूह के चैयरमेन श्री सुभाष चंद्रा पहुंचे। pic.twitter.com/6mISvxnDQW
— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) February 21, 2018
- The government both at the centre as well as the state focuses not only on the Job centric growth but also people-centric growth. We will try building such infrastructure in the 21st century that will take the state to new heights. We are giving importance to ease of living as well as ease of business. For the development of new India, new Uttar Pradesh not only do we require new hope but also new investment: PM Modi
- Tourism has become a huge industry in itself. The kumbh mela in Prayag will be the largest of its kind and we need to ensure that people from across the globe participate in it: PM Modi
UP is not only rising but racing ahead: Ambani
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani is addressing the delegates at the summit. “PM Modi wants to make Uttar Pradesh Uttam Pradesh,” Ambani says adding that he has never seen a state capital decked so well for an investors summit. Recalling the meeting with Yogi Aditynath in Mumbai, Ambani said that the state is not only rising but racing ahead
Defence corridor to come up in UP: PM Modi
Two defence industrial corridors were announced in the Budget. One of them will be constructed in Uttar Pradesh. The corridor will be extended to Agra, Aligarh, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi and Chitrakoot: PM Modi
- The government has also initiated One District-One Product policy. This is a game changer and will result in holistic development. This will be supported by skill India, start-up India and Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana: PM Modi
- Prime Minister Modi launches Nivesh mitra, the single-window digital portal clearance. This is an online platform to submit, access proposals to the government. Automatic information through SMS will be provided.
Robot to welcome guests at summit
A robot created by a group of students will welcome PM Modi and other dignitaries at the summit. The robot will greet the guests by saying “Athithi Devo Bhava” (guests are gods) and will also gift them a rosebud, reported news agency IANS.
The robot identifies persons through their retina scan and can be used in emergencies such as fires and can be operated both manually and automatically. The robot has been created by an engineer of Lucknow Milind Raj and his team.
— UP Investors Summit (@InvestInUp) February 21, 2018
Plan to invest 25,000 crore in the state in coming years: Kumar Mangalam
Vast untapped potential in the agrarian sector. Two key factors will drive the growth of UP. One is the investment-friendly government and the other is the availability of the human resources. UP is a land of opportunities. The rate of economic growth of the state is 10.5%. The state also has close proximity with the NCR, giving it an edge over the other states. We are the largest private-based investors in the state. UP will become Aditya Birla’s highest investment state. Plans to invest 25,000 crore in the state in the next few years. We will continue to participate in the growth of the state and will be partners in developing the vision of New India: Kumar Mangalam
- India’s GDP will triple in the next few years and the country is being spotted as the most reliable investment option for the globe. This was very visible in the WEF summit held at Davos. There is a change in the global image of the country because of the PMs efforts.India cannot grow without UP. Yogi Adityanath’s leadership is attracting new investments in the state: Adani at the summit.