A teacher (also called Guru in India), is the one who makes the life of every single person. Teachers have always been a guide and an inspiration at every stage of a student’s life. They are some of the most special people in our lives as teachers nourish and mould children’s raw talent and help them in being better individuals. Teachers are an important role model for all educational organizations. Whatever it is a school, college, university or any other institution they work hard for shaping the lives of their student.
India celebrates Teachers day in honour of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who was born on September 5, 1888. Dr Radhakrishnan was India’s second president and since 1962 – the year he became president, India has commemorated Dr Radhakrishnan‘s birth anniversary by paying tribute to their teachers.
It is said that after Radhakrishnan became the president, his students asked him to celebrate the birthday. To which he replied, “Instead of celebrating my birthday, it would be proud privilege if September 5 is observed.
Here are best wishes, messages and quotes you can send your teachers this Teacher’s Day
* T for Talent, E for Education, A for Attitude, C for Character, H for Harmony, E for Efficient, R for Relation. Here’s wishing you a glorious and Happy Teacher’s Day!
* Good teachers are the reason ordinary students go on to do extraordinary things. Thank you for being my teacher! Happy Teacher’s Day!
* To someone who has taken the time to listen to my, guide me on the path to knowledge, and reassure me on my life’s path. Happy Teacher’s Day!
* A heartfelt thank you to all the teachers who spend their time, energy and love to educate our children. Happy Teachers Day!
* The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher. Happy Teacher’s Day!
* From ABCs to red, white and blue, from history and mathematics too, all I want to say is a big THANK you! Happy Teacher’s Day!
* A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart. Thank you for all you have done for me. Happy Teacher’s Day!
Quotes to make the day special for teachers
* Happy Teachers Day “The dream begins, most of the time, with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you on to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.” (Dan Rather)
* “There is a great difference between knowing and understanding: you can know a lot about something and not really understand it.” (Charles F. Kettering)
* “The teachers who get “burned out” are not the ones who are constantly learning, which can be exhilarating, but those who feel they must stay in control and ahead of the students at all times.” (Frank Martin)
* “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” (John Steinbeck)
Share your favorite quotes and messages in the comments section below and stay connected with Awaaznation for all updates!