Maria Sharapova is one of the best in the world of tennis. The fans of this Russian player are all over the world. She is female international tennis sensation and everyone loves her. Sharapova is the first Russian woman to hold a grand slam title and holds a silver medal in Women’s Single at 2012 Summer Olympics. Maria is extremely famous on social media platforms with millions of followers on Twitter and Facebook. Born on April 19, 1987, Maria Sharapova will be celebrating her 31st birthday today.
On this occasion, we are sharing 6 interesting things about Sharapova.
* One of the interesting Maria Sharapova facts is that she reached the number 1 ranking on 22nd August 2005 by WTA. At that time, she was just 18 years old and she held the ranking for a period spanning 4 weeks from 11th June to 8th July.
* Maria was the most searchable personality on Yahoo in 2008 and 2005.
* At the moment, she is a Goodwill Ambassador of United Nations. She is one of the top earning athletes in the female sports category.
* Once, Maria Sharapova said that she does not know Sachin Tendulkar. She was brutally trolled for this statement.
* Maria Sharapova’s career mostly struggled with her injury. Despite this, he made a record of winning at least one singles title every year from 2003 to 2015.
* In August of 2005, Maria Sharapova became the first Russian woman to receive number one ranking.
Top Famous Quotes By Maria Sharapova
* I’m just a very tough person when I go on the court, and I really don’t want to lose. Maria Sharapova
* It’s always tough when you lose – you’ve worked so hard for that moment and it hasn’t gone the way you wanted. But you have to realise there’s always a bright side, you have to pick yourself up and get ready for the next game. Maria Sharapova
* If everything was going smoothly you would never build character. Maria Sharapova
* I think it’s so cool to be tall. Even when I’m not wearing heels people tell me I’m tall and I always take it as a complement. The good thing is I can always see everybody in the room. Maria Sharapova
* I love what I do and I love being an athlete, but I also love all the things that have come with it. Maria Sharapova
* You have your bad moments in your career and your good moments. And it’s been a good ride so far, but it’s not over yet. Maria Sharapova
* When I walk through that gate to the court, that’s my escape. I block out everything, good and bad. Maria Sharapova
* Whether you win a match or lose a match, in terms of your emotions, it’s important to be pretty levelheaded. Maria Sharapova
We Wish You A Very Happy Birthday Maria Sharapova!