P V Sindhu is a history maker for India as she is the first Indian woman to win silver medal in Olympics games. Whole country is proud of her. When “Badminton” strikes our mind, the name “PV Sindhu” automatically follows it. Know top 7 rare things about star player.
Take a glimpse at fascinating and lesser known facts of PV Sindhu-
1. P V Sindhu’s full name is Pusarla Venkata Sindhu & she is only 22 years old! Shocked right? She was born on 5 July 1995 in the City of pearlse. Hyderabad (Telangana).
2. Sports is in the genes of P.V. Sindhu as both her parents played volleyball. Her father was awarded Arjuna Award for his excellence in the game of volleyball. Her mother, P. Vijaya too was a volleyball player.
3. She is a fan of Pullela Gopichand, a former badminton star. At the age of 8 only when most of kids loved watching cartoon network, Sindhu started playing badminton. She drew inspiration from Gopichand’s success in 2001. Presently, Gopichand is her coach.
4. She used to travel many Kms every day to reach her training centre in Hyderabad. And guess what? She always used to reach on time.
5. Awards won by PV Sindhu–
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna ( highest sporting honor of India) in 2016.
- Padma Shri (fourth highest civilian award of India) in 2015.
- Arjuna Award in 2013
6. PV Sindhu is the youngest Indian to win a silver Olympic medal and is the first and only India shuttler to reach finals of badminton event at the Olympics.
7. She is currently world no 2 in the BWF World Ranking.
P.V. Sindhu has won million of hearts for her amazing performance and she truly deserves all the love, respect, and support from us!
Want to share more facts about P.V. Sindhu? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts!