India is incredible because of its diversity. India has more religions living together than any other country in world. We are proud of our culture, tradition, history and facts. Here are a lot of mind-blowing facts about India which are not yet popular and known to all people. These facts will fill your chest with pride.
1. India was one of the richest countries on earth until the British invasion in the early 17th century.
2. Chess was invented in India. The original word for “chess” is the Sanskrit Chaturanga, meaning “four members of an army.
3. India has arguably, greater linguistic diversity than any other large country. India has 22 official languages. That is why in India, there is unity in diversity!
4. The length of steel wires used in the construction of the Bandra-Worli sealink, Mumbai, is equivalent to the earth’s circumference. It took 2,57,00,000 man hours to successfully finish it. We bet you didn’t know this fact!
5. India has the largest postal network in the world and the modern postal service in India is more than 150 years old. A single post office on an average serves a population of 7,175 people.
6. The first rocket in India was transported on a cycle. Really? The answer is yes. The first rocket was so small that it was transported on a bicycle to the Thumba Launching Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
7. The Kumbh Mela festival that takes place in India every 12 years. The 2011 Kumbh Mela was the largest gathering of people with over 75 million pilgrims. The crowd was visible from space. The satellite image showed the ant-like crowds on the shoreline and boats in the river during Mela. Wow! A proud moment!
8. Snakes and Ladders originated in India. Yes, you read it right. This game was originated in ancient India, where it was known with the name Mokshapat or Moksha Patamu.
Do you have any other facts to share? Do tell us in the comment section. We would love to hear your thoughts.