Today’s article is about life lessons from the holy book Bhagavad Gita. It is the most important spiritual books the world has ever known. When Arjuna refused to fight against his cousins (Kauravas) in the battle, Lord Krishna expounded the truth of life & the philosophy of Karma(Deeds) and Dharma(Duty) to him, thereby giving birth to one of the world’s greatest scriptures, the Gita. Therefore, Gita Jayanti marks the birth of the Holy book written by Vyasa.
Even today also, the Bhagavad Gita is considered one of the greatest scripture because its application and significance is still relevant.
Here are 11 quotes from the sacred book that will fill your day with positive energy and enthusiasm. Have a look.
1. “It is better to perform one’s own duties imperfectly than to master the duties of another.”
2. “On this path effort never goes to waste, and there is no failure. Even a little effort toward spiritual awareness will protect you from the greatest fear.”
3. “Free from anger and selfish desire, unified in mind, those who follow the path of yoga and realize the Self are established forever in that supreme state.”
4. “No one who does good work will ever come to a bad end, either here or in the world to come.”
5. “One has to learn tolerance in the face of dualities such as happiness and distress, or cold and warmth, and by tolerating such dualities become free from anxieties regarding gain and loss.”
6. “There are three gates to this self-destructive hell – lust, anger, and greed. Renounce these three.”
7. “Calmness, gentleness, silence, self-restraint, and purity: these are the disciplines of the mind.”
8. “Why do you worry unnecessarily? Whom do you fear? Who can kill you? The soul is neither born nor dies.”
9. “What have you lost that you cry for? What did you bring, that you have lost? What did you create that was destroyed? What you have taken has been from here, what you gave has been given here. What belongs to you today belonged to someone yesterday and will be someone else’s tomorrow. Change is the law of the universe.”
If you want to share more quotes that are not mentioned here, share them with us in the comments section! We would love to hear from you!