Children’s Day is one of the most awaited events in the Indian school calendar. In memory of Jawaharlal Nehru and to honor his love for children, November 14 is celebrated in India as Children’s day. The main purpose of Children day is to encourage the welfare of children all over the country.
Today, we have listed out some interesting facts about Children day. Have a look!
1. In Hindi, Children’s Day is known as “Bal Diwas”
2. 20th November is universally celebrated as Children Day. But in India this day has been preponed to 14th November as the date the marks the birth anniversary of independent India’s first Prime Minister – Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
3. This day is celebrated to give a lot of happiness to children as well as to commemorate the birth anniversary of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru. He was keen about welfare, education, and development of children in India.
4. On this day, all over the country, various cultural, social institutions conduct competitions for children.
5. This day is dedicated to increase awareness of people towards the rights, care and education of children.
6. Many organizations conduct events for the children to inform them about their rights and make them happy and cheer.
How To Celebrate Children Day? Some ideas to make it special
- Distribute chocolates and gifts to poor children.
- Visit an orphanage and spend some time with children.
- Distribute old clothes and toys to orphan children.
- Conduct some fun events for children like painting, singing, dance, writing etc
- Take children out for a small picnic, zoo, museum etc. Make them feel relaxed.
- Arrange a Children’s Day celebration for the school.
Children are like divine gifts that parents get from the almighty. So, make 14th November special for every child.
How are you planning to celebrate Children’s Day? Feel free to share your thoughts and memories of this special day.